CCA is very excited about these grants that focus on part-time faculty. John Martin, Northern Part-Time Director, expressed his support: “All part-time faculty need to be represented. Having part-time faculty included in their wall-to-wall chapters is essential to the strength of the local.” Board member and part-time instructor John Sullivan echoed that support: “Membership for part time faculty is much more advantageous than being a non-member. Having advocates to call both locally and at the state level means that the 800 lb. CTA gorilla is behind each one of us.”
In order to apply for any of these grants, CCA locals should get in touch with the CCA office at 1-916-288-4921 which will work with them and their Primary Contact Staff to complete the applications.
Mark your calendars for CCA’s Spring Conference and WHO Awards April 21-23 at the Marriott Hotel in Manhattan Beach. Online registration is now available. Conference highlights include the annual WHO Award Banquet as well as outstanding speakers, discussions and trainings that will help you become a better advocate for your members. Download the conference brochure to view and share with other members.
- Resolution in Support of the Public Education All California's Students Deserve
- CCA Budget Principles
- Find out if you are fairly paid in the 2016 Special Salary Issue of the NEA Advocate.
- Letter from U.S. Secretary of Education on ACCJC
- Read the Report of the 2015 Accreditation Task Force
- NACIQI 2015 Report
- Department of Education Compliance Letter on the ACCJC and Final Staff Report
- CFT Complaint Regarding Accrediting Commission
- Privatization At Community Colleges